Planning of marine and coastal areas
One of the objective of the Integrated Coastal Zone Management is to “achieve coherence between public and private initiatives and between all decisions by the public authorities, at the national, regional and local levels, which affect the use of the coastal zone” (art. 5 ICZM Protocol).
Within the CAMP Italy project all the actions concerning “planning of marine and coastal areas” have the objective to improve the coordination capacity among the different structures involved in coastal zone management (governance of coastal areas) promoting both vertical integration (among different bodies or subjects) and horizontal integration (among sectors in the same body).
The partner Regions – Emilia-Romagna, Sardegna and Toscana – apply the integration principle through several pilot actions on the following subjects:
- Regulation for the removal of sand and material from marine querries (Emilia-Romagna)
- Operational protocol for the reestablishment and consolidation of the dune belts (Emilia-Romagna)
- Education and communication (Emilia-Romagna)
- Implementation of specific actions aiming to the sustainable use of beaches and the protection of
coastal zones (Sardegna)
- Sardinian Center for coastal monitoring and assessment (Sardegna)
- Coastal vulnerability assessment tool (Sardegna)